Saturday, July 28, 2007

Those Poor Souls.

I am well aware that I have been remiss in posting posts on this page of posts. Taylor and I are in the middle of HEAVY DUTY construction- we're finishing the inside of the lodge by putting wood onto the ceiling. Which is no small thing as we have to get everything up there by boat. I was lucky enough to get to perch my little bum bum on top of this heaping pile of wood for the ride upriver:

Last year we put glass windows in (among other things) and because of this the local bird population is suffering a higher death rate. It is the Big Black Fly season now, and they hang out inside our lodge, crashing against the glass over and over, thinking who knows what. And the birds nose-dive into the glass thinking they can snatch them away for a tasty treat- but apparently the windows are having the last laugh, because those poor little birds are dying by the dozen (with the flies also biting the dust because of, what I assume, is pure exhaustion). Here is one of those poor souls, lying where I found him:
Also, the greens of our garden are even more outrageous than last week, so if your eyes didn't burn out of your skull from the previous picture, then prepare to go blind from this one:

No comments: