Sunday, July 1, 2007

Foreign Goodies

Since my thoughts, and therefore my camera, aren't in a funny-thinking state of mind, here are some great pictures from Ecuador, when my brain and my camera were lovingly in sync:

A very popular idea was to top off the ugly old trash cans with the head of a strawberry, or clown, or Donald Duck! Imagine all the fun that can be had! Now everyone will want to throw away their trash because it's such jolly old fun! Sadly, this lady washing her cart thingy didn't notice all the fun being had behind her.
We were watching one of the daily parades one day and I spotted my all-time favorite Ecuatorians, ever. I like every single thing about these three gems. (By the way, the other day I was reading something in the phone book and I saw the word 'jem' used where 'gem' should have been, which made me sigh, 'Ah, Alaska...').
Taylor went CRAAA-zy with his new charongo! Just plain crazy!
We stayed in this amazing hotel. I'm not rating the amazingness based on things like comfortable beds, or lights that work, or constant hot water- no! I'm judging this place as a 10 out of 10 because of the decor. Every room had a different animal painted on the doors- we stayed in the Golden Retriever room, but my favorite was the Horse room. The Lion and Tiger room was cool too. Unfortunately, the door painting theme didn't make it into the room- our room was clearly lacking in any sort of real Golden Retrievers, or even a stuffed one.

No comments: