Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Deepest Heart.

All of my funny (to me) posts are not a completely true reflection of how Taylor and I are feeling. My insides still feel muddy and tired most of the time. Even hearing Carol Burnett on NPR talk about her friend that just died set me off for a couple of hours. Laura was just that cool! She was that important! She was part of our deepest hearts, that area where only a couple people in your lifetime can get into, because it is so completely vulnerable.
Two years ago, when Laura gave us our car, her 101-year-old neighbor John came over to see what was going on and talk with Taylor and Laura about proper car maintenance. Notice how, like in any good mechanic's shop, only one person is working while the others stand around and give advice:

No comments: