Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Eyes Are Outraged!

We love green houses! We're nuts over houses of green! But I half-promise that this is the last picture of the new greenhouse, only two days old and looking the picture of health:
(The area to the left will be a compost bin. Ooo de la lee!)

And I dare you not to burn your eyes with the intensity of this green. My eyes are outraged daily by the vividness of the plants around here, and by the shocking colors in our garden.

I would really like for a snowshoe hare to hop up to our tent one night, come in, and decide it wants to be my pet. This is possible because many snowshoe hares live around us, as you can see by this map:

I wish I could let you all smell the air here. It is the best smell I have ever smelled in my life, and I have a very sensitive sniffer, so I am well versed in the field of odors. Up by our lodge it is a combination of alder, birch, cottonwood, and spruce, and the combo concert of these trees is so fresh smelling, and so peaceful. It is as if by just smelling the air you think, Yes, this is the way things are supposed to be. Funny what a scent can do to the mind.

No comments: