Friday, June 6, 2008

More, Please.

I flew out to my company's Bear Camp to help out for a couple of days, and as usual great times were had by all. There are bears everywhere out there, like this one that strolled through camp:
Whenever we would see a bear, my coworker Caprice and I would instantly fall into these bonafide safety positions- 'The Arrow to My Happy Place' and 'Back to Momma's Belly':
Back here on the other side of the inlet, the water in our river still isn't rising fast enough, so we kayaked up today to see how deep it is (the water is still 2 inches deep, dangit). Moma crowned herself Queen for a Day, and took over our kayaks in true royal fashion:
And then, and this is what I am dying to tell you all... I found a (slightly) mysterious abandoned cabin right near our lodge! For years now our coworker Gary has been telling us that he has heard there is an old cabin out by our place, and he was right!
After we arrived at the lodge we run, I was tromping through the woods, and first I saw this, an old trapper's cabin. They make them small because when you are trapping in the middle of winter you are just going to stay the night there, and the smaller space to heat up, the better:
So as I was walking closer to it to peek inside... I saw the cabin! Joy of all joys! I ran back and got Taylor so we could both explore it together (because that's obviously more fun), and even though the roof has fallen in, it's awesome, and it's ours:
All my frustration over the river's water level slid away, and my day sprang up happy, and all because of our Found Cabin.
A cabin! And I found it!

No comments: