Thursday, April 9, 2009

BOOM BAM SPRING

Every Spring, every single Spring, I get depressed because Winter is ending. It always takes me a long while to accept that my favorite season is now a whole year away again... and I feel like Spring is such a sneaky season. Here we are, la di da, enjoying the Winter, when BOOM BAM- Spring punches us in the face with it's greenness and baby pinkness and all the instant happiness. Boofers.
But this year I finally saw that all my crankiness won't make Winter last any longer, so I have stoically resolved to enjoy the Changing of the Seasons. And I now see that Spring can be (sortof) fun.
For instance, it means really fun Spring skiing with good friends in the sunny sun sun:
For Taylor Spring means a shorter haircut, a warm weather shave-off. It also means a temporary (but so very awesome) mustache created out of said shaved-off hair:
Spring means creating bike gangs and riding to trashy bars that for some reason have four different candy vending machines in one medium sized room. And out of all the different candy options, our friend Kelly chose trail mix! Trail mix?! Stale trail mix from a dirty old vending machine!? But at least Kelly thought it was a fine decision:
It means junk shopping, because when Spring starts, and it rains and everything smells clean and wet, all I want is to go thrift store shopping and smell some good old tired air for a while. A mix-em-up for the old snozzer.
That was all to say I found U.S. Mint-approved coin wrappers at a thrift store today, and I promptly came home and wrapped up all my Winter change. The Wrapping of the Change is now a Spring tradition to me:
So-
BOOM BAM SPRING!

No comments: