Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Epidermaly Bereft, and Happy for it.

Not only was today National Pie Day, but it was (self-declared) National Alpenglow Appreciation Day. Both holidays were duly celebrated, with a big HUP HUP HUP to Bob-my-father-in-law for the pie, and a mighty slap on the back to Taylor and I for getting up really early (and on my day off) to make it up the hill by the time the alpenglow was in full bloom.
We ran, really hard, in the -3 degree weather, and all the heaving and gasping I was doing frosted myself right up:
But all of our efforts payed off BIG time when we saw the beauty of the splendid Cascades and a full moon to boot. You can see that Moma really got into the spirit of the day:
Also today we went and saw a concert (Taylor's first one since last August! Crimeny!). A band called Langhorne Slim and the War Eagles rocked us out of our skins. I'm totally skinless right now, and I will be for a while, because of their hard rockin' rockin-ness. And if you don't go out and check these guys out, you will never know the pleasure of having your epidermis fall off out of pure musical satisfaction.

No comments: